Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Professional Membership

In January, Cocoa & Fig became a professional member of the Twin City Bridal Association. With this membership, we entered into a wonderful group of wedding professionals. I encourage you to use their site when choosing reception sites, florists, photographers and bridal attire. And while you're there, check out our section: Cocoa & Fig on Twin City Bridal. We agree to abide by their code of ethics, which is pretty cool. Check it out below.

CODE Of ETHICS

Twin City Bridal Association and its members acknowledge the need to preserve and encourage fair and equitable business practices and, as a condition of membership, subscribe to a Code of Professional Ethics. To this end, Twin City Bridal Association and its members subscribe to this Professional Pledge:

I pledge myself to honesty and integrity; to pursue my profession and education so that service to my clients shall be maintained with high standards and practices.

I pledge myself to seek and maintain association with fellow TCBA members and with all others who may become a part of my business and professional life in an honorable and cooperative manner.

I pledge myself to comply with the standards of TCBA and my colleagues as set forth in this Code of Professional Ethics:

ARTICLE 1: I will accurately represent my qualifications and experience in both oral and written communications.

ARTICLE 2: I will act and speak professionally so as not to offend nor bring discredit to the wedding services profession.

ARTICLE 3: I will be committed to understanding my customer’s needs, approaches and goals in promotion of service and proposal.

ARTICLE 4: I will share knowledge and professional experience with others.

ARTICLE 5: I will maintain the trust of clients and respect the affairs of clients and other members who may share confidential information.

ARTICLE 6: I will treat other wedding professionals with professional courtesy and dignity.

ARTICLE 7: I will provide services in those areas in which I am qualified to serve, taking into consideration available opportunities to develop new services or take on new opportunities. When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for service, I will make every effort to recommend the services of another qualified TCBA member.

ARTICLE 8: I will protect the public against fraud or unfair practices and shall attempt to disengage all practices which bring discredit to the profession.

ARTICLE 9: I will not be party to agreements that unfairly limit or restrain access to the market place by any other wedding professional, client, or to the public, based upon race, creed, color, sex, age, physical disability or country of national origin.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails